Online WordPress course to get started
the right way on your journey!
A step-by-step WordPress course to learn everything you need to know before you get lost in the website building process for beginners!
(Updated: March 2021 )
Let’s get started…
Installing WordPress the easy way
In any hosting provider’s control panel will have some form of automated WordPress installer. In this case we are using GURU’s cPanel as it has many other options too that we can control easily.
The details for installation are universal:
- https:// protocol for your installation (thinking your provider has SSL certificate installed when you purchased the package and the recommended ones do free of charge)
- make sure to use a unique username and password for your admin user and keep it safe
Universally this process should take 2 minutes to finish, just follow the instructions provided by this video or your hosting provider.
WordPress admin area and updates
You can find your admin login at:
The admin area has 3 sections:
- top bar for quick menus, notifications, user menu
- sidebar on the left: all the menu options will be here
- content area to the right for anything to edit, set or view
Posts and the Gutenberg editor
Pages…this will be short 🙂
Editing pages is simple…you just need to make sure to pay attention to the previous lesson and you know almost everything 🙂
The main difference is:
- page attributes
- page templates
- default based on theme
- (if using Elementor) Elementor full width
- Elementor Canvas
- or anything that is added by a theme or plugin
- optional options added by themes or plugins
Managing media and comments
In this lesson we will take a look on the media files and commention options.
Themes, Widgets and the Menu editor
Make sure to subscribe for news as this area will change a lot in 2021. (If you wish to subscribe to my YouTube channel, click here)
How to add a WordPress plugin:
- Go to WordPress admin area
- Hover over Plugin and click on the “Add new” option
- Use the search bar to find the one you are looking for
- Click on the install button
- Click on the Activate button after successful installation
Watch the video lesson to get more details.
Users and tools menu
The settings menu and options
Please let me know your feedback about the WordPress beginners course. Click here to use the feedback form.