In this video, I will show you how to use a saved template in a widget area with Elementor’s pro version. This is useful when you would prefer to build your widgets for the top bar, sidebar or any widget areas really.
You will need to make sure your Elementor Pro plugin is installed and activated.
There are two ways to do this, and both are really easy. First, let’s go to our WordPress admin area hover over Elementor and click on the “my library” option. Now, in the list look for the template you wish to use, or create a new one if you need to. I have used the same social icons setup from my previous video.
- You will see the shortcode for it on the right-hand side. Select and copy this code!
- Hover over Appearances and click on the widgets option
- Add a text widget, paste the shortcode into it and hit save
The second option will be even easier.
- Let’s go into our WordPress admin area, hover over appearances and click on the widgets option.
- Now, we need to add an Elementor library widget to the location of our choice
- You can give a title for this widget, but I prefer to leave it empty and just use the design
- In the drop-down menu look for the template you wish to use and select it.
- Hit save and now you can see the effect!
If you wish to edit the template you can do it from the library or there is an edit button at the widget options too for the selected template.